RSS

Home
Loading

Added by cpn_admin--Creative Planet Network, 02/15/12 12:02:46 AM

Imagica XE(r) - Advanced Now Shipping

Imagica Corp., Tokyo, Japan announced that the newest film scanner in its product line, the Imager XE(r) -Advanced, is now shipping.  The new Imager XE(r) -Advanced is two times the production speed of the current Imager XE(r), and incorporates the latest in high quality scanning technology that Imagica has

Added by cpn_admin--Creative Planet Network, 02/15/12 12:02:46 AM

Cinefest 2004 Features Panels and Workshops Aug. 20-21

Cinefest 2004 taking place Aug. 20-21 at Film/Video Equipment Service Company, Inc. in Denver, Colorado will be presenting a slate of events concerning cinematography and filmmaking in general. On Aug. 20 from 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., a panel discussion titled "The New Frontier of Digital Image Acquisition" wil feature

Added by cpn_admin--Creative Planet Network, 02/15/12 12:02:46 AM

Entertainment Media Expo Comes to Hollywood Aug. 31-Sept. 1

Leading artists, creators, producers and executives from the DVD video, music and games industry will converge at Entertainment Media Expo (EMX) -- August 31 - September 1 -- at the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood, Calif. EMX is the world's the largest U.S. event dedicated to the production, packaging,

Added by cpn_admin--Creative Planet Network, 02/15/12 12:02:46 AM

ICG Online Chat with Donald M. Morgan, ASC Now Available

The transcript of the International Cinematographers Guild online chat on July 10 with Donald M. Morgan, ASC is now available. Morgan shot his first narrative film in 1973, and has subsequently compiled around 60 credits, including such diverse features as the groundbreaking sci-fi film "Starman" and the eerie

Added by cpn_admin--Creative Planet Network, 02/15/12 12:02:46 AM

Fujinon Intros CCTV Long-Range Zooms with Day/Night Imaging

Fujinon has chosen this year’s ASIS International convention to introduce its latest CCTV long-range zoom lenses. Both the C22x23 one-inch format zoom and D60x12.5 1/2-inch super telephoto lenses feature Iris Override and Day/Night capability within an extended focal length lens. The lenses are designed to meet the

Added by cpn_admin--Creative Planet Network, 02/15/12 12:02:46 AM

William Rexer II Gets in Prime Condition

William Rexer II ("Book of Love," "Fierce People") has been tapped to shoot "Prime," a romantic comedy written and directed by Ben Younger. The feature stars Sandra Bullock as a painter dating a younger man who turns out to be the son of her therapist, played by Meryl Streep. Production is scheduled to begin Sept. 6

Added by cpn_admin--Creative Planet Network, 02/15/12 12:02:45 AM

New Sachtler FSB8 Fluid Head

Sachtler, a Vitec Group brand, introduces the new FSB 8 75mm fluid head, which answers the call for a larger capacity (20 lb max payload) head employing Sachtler's FSB technology. The new head joins the existing FSB 2, FSB 6,

Added by cpn_admin--Creative Planet Network, 02/15/12 12:02:45 AM

Pierson Re-Elected to Academy Presidency

Academy Award-winning writer Frank Pierson, has been re-elected to his fourth term as president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) by the organization's Board of Governors. According to Academy by-laws, the 2004-05 term will be the last consecutive term he can serve in the office. Four other

Added by cpn_admin--Creative Planet Network, 02/15/12 12:02:45 AM

Panavision Sells Interest in EFILM To Deluxe Labs

Panavision, a manufacturer and supplier of cameras systems to the motion picture and television industries, has sold its 80% ownership interest in EFILM, LLC to Deluxe Laboratories, Inc., it was announced yesterday. Deluxe, which previously owned the remaining 20% of EFILM, will now be the sole owner. “It’s been

Added by cpn_admin--Creative Planet Network, 02/15/12 12:02:45 AM

Kodak Details Next-Generation 3D Stereo Display at SIGGRAPH 2004

Eastman Kodak Company previewed its next-generation Kodak 3D Stereo Display system, the industry's autostereoscopic display, at SIGGRAPH 2004 in Los Angeles. The new system, which is comparable to having an IMAX movie theater in a desktop display, incorporates technical breakthroughs that provide an ideal display for